Tucked away just 11km north of the CBD, Castle Cove is exclusive and a sanctuary for nature lovers. Deepwater road runs the length of this peninsula suburb which is spread eastward from its access point at Eastern Valley Way. It boasts a short 9-hole golf course, north facing luxury homes along Neerim and Willowie roads with serene water views of Middle Harbour.
Why I like this property and suburb
- Quiet and secluded, this location permeates a calming feel and is a perfect setting for families. Bushwalking trails and canoeing activities are within close range at Wills Park and Sugarloaf Bay.
- Quick access to CBD via Eastern Valley Way and Warringah Freeway.
- This house is solidly built below Deepwater road level and its south facing terrace and balconies fronts a reserve inhabited by friendly cockatoos.
- The architecture is designed to capture to natural bushland whereby the master bedroom, living and terraces have direct access to retreat areas.
- Rumpus / living room and forth bedroom at lower level has added privacy and access to retreat area at the back of the house.
- Family and kitchen walks out to huge entertaining deck overlooking retreat and bushland.
- This location may be prone to termites and rising dampness due to its proximity to natural bushlands although this issue can be easily contained with careful maintenance.
- If only the backyard / retreat had a north instead of a south aspect.
This property was last exchanged for $1.45 million in late 2006.