Artarmon is a suburb conveniently located just 9 km north of the CBD. Due to its close proximity to the Gore Hill freeway, one can be easily in the heart of Sydney within a 10 minute car ride.
Why I like Artarmon:
- Easy access to the Gore Hill freeway through Reserve road.
- The west side of Herbert street is a mature built-up area where the majority of Artarmon’s apartment blocks are located. The train station conveniently serves the majority of residents within this Hampden road precinct and is 6 stops from Wynyard station.
- Artarmon is within 5 minutes drive to the neighbouring Chatswood metropolis.
- The area on the east side of Herbert street is leafy and secluded with quaint and older houses.
- Village feel with its local restaurants and cafes on both sides of the Artarmon train station.
- Most areas of Artarmon to the west side of Herbert street are fully built with apartments ranging between 20 – 35 years old.
- There are still light industrial caryards and warehouses on the west side of Artarmon.
- Two dominant television transmission towers dominant the skyline.
|Artarmon||Median price $||Weekly advertised median rent $||Gross yield $||3-year growth %||5-year growth %||Average annual growth %|
Source: RP Data & Your Investment Property, March 2010
How it’s calculated:
Median price: Median price for the 12 months to November 2009
Average annual growth: Average percentage change over the past 10 years as a per annum figure
3 and 5-year growth: Median price percentage change over the past 3 and 5 years to November 2009
Weekly median advertised rent: Median price of rental listings for the 12 months to November 2009
Gross yield: Estimated rental return, based on advertised rent to median price