According to ABC News on 1 November 2010, the BG Group’s $15 billion coal seam gas project is well underway and the city of Gladstone is bracing itself for an influx of workers over the next few years. This project is only one out of a total of up to 16 multi-billion dollar infrastructure projects totalling $66 billion to supply Liquefied Natural Gas to the world over the next 15 – 20 years.
Already some developers are cashing in on a influx of investors who are more than keen to put money into this city which is expected to see up to 10,000 workers and their families relocate to various construction and project sites as a result of these mega investments.
This 12-page report outlines the key projects and its impact on Gladstone together with an analysis of median house prices, historic capital growth and rental rates of 14 surrounding suburbs around Gladstone.
- Gladstone – the next mining boom town of Queensland
- Infrastructure – reaping the rewards of rent and capital growth of major projects
- Emmadale Gardens – Gladstone’s new residential estate
- Median house prices in Gladstone
- Gladstone becomes hot property, ABC News, 1 November 2010