Rhodes is a water foreshore suburb approximately 16km north west of Sydney CBD. It has water views over Homebush Bay and towards the Olympic Park. Serviced by a huge train station along Walker street, this suburb is popular with owner-occupiers and investors alike of the following key reasons:
- The apartments along the Rhodes peninsula are predominantly new and offers modern conveniences such as reverse cycle air-conditioning, gas cooking, gymnasium and swimming pool facilities, separate security storage etc.
- The Rhodes train station offers convenient access into Sydney CBD with 6 stops to Central station. Sydney buses (numbers 458 and 459) provide services along Concord road and Rider Boulevard.
- The Rhodes Shopping Centre along Rider Boulevard provides conveniences of shopping and retail to local residents and major businesses include ANZ Bank, Westpac and Commonwealth Bank branches, Coles, Target, Harris Farm, Bing Lee, Optus, Telstra, Golden Phoenix chinese restaurant and last but not least, the largest Ikea store in the southern hemisphere. Other conveniences include post office, cinema, local butcher and seafood outlets, restaurants and cafes and a host of other fashion retailers.
- The Rhodes Business Park has attracted the likes of the National Australia Bank, Australand, Hewlett Packard, Alcatel Lucent, Lion Nathan, Unisys and Nestle in setting up offices and headquarters in this location.
- Local attractions include foreshore parks like McIlwaine Park, King George V Park, Bicentennial Park and the Kokoda Track Memorial Walkway along Brays Bay Reserve.
One of the major residential apartment blocks along Marquet and Mary streets in Rhodes is the Sienna By the Bay development by Meriton. It comprises approximately 300 modern apartments by the water foreshore with modern conveniences such as reverse cycle airconditioning, European kitchen appliances, gas cooking, indoor swimming pool, gymnasium, spa, sauna, secure storage and private parking and on-site caretaker and security guards.
The video below illustrates just a few of the conveniences which are available at this quality development which is also within walking distance to the Rhodes train station and Rhodes Shopping Centre.
Major public amenities for Rhodes include the Concord Repatriation General Hospital, Concord West Public School, Concord High School, Strathfield Girls High School and Homebush Boys High School.
More information about Rhodes which include its history, visitor information, food and dining, entertainment shopping, sports and leisure, real estate can be found at rhodesonline.com.au
- 3 inner-west foreshore suburbs – Meadowbank, Rhodes and Breakfast Point
- Village Quay at Rhodes
- Meriton Apartments vs Mirvac Apartments – My own experience
- Metropolitan CBD vs outer fringes – pros and cons of city slicker vs suburbia
- Population boom in Australia – Sydney surpasses 4.5 million
- Why IKEA is so successful?
|Rhodes||Median price $||Weekly advertised median rent $||Gross yield $||3-year growth %||5-year growth %||Average annual growth %|
Source: Your Investment Property, March 2010
How it’s calculated:
Median price: Median price for the 12 months to November 2009
Average annual growth: Average percentage change over the past 10 years as a per annum figure
3 and 5-year growth: Median price percentage change over the past 3 and 5 years to November 2009
Weekly median advertised rent: Median price of rental listings for the 12 months to November 2009
Gross yield: Estimated rental return, based on advertised rent to median price