The Village is a project developed by the Stockland Group and is located at the corner of Condamine street and Sydney road in Balgowlah, a northern suburb approximately 12km north of Sydney CBD. This project is an integrated residential, commercial and retail development which consists of 240 units of 1, 2 and 3 bedroom apartments within a shopping centre which has since opened for business in July 2009. The project consultants include:
- Stockland Design Team
- Allen Jack + Cottier – architects
- Fairweather Proberts Architects – interior architects
- Oculus – landscape architects
The local attraction of The Village locale include the famous Manly beach 2km away and its cafe, restaurants and beach lifestyle.
The apartments have a wide selection of floorplans and have incorporated green and environmentally friendly design and materials. The elevated vantage point of the apartments is also designed to maximise water and district views of the sea and its leafy surrounds.
Facilities include an outdoor 25m heated swimming pool within its landscaped gardens. The commercial and retail section of The VIllage include Coles supermarket, Vintage Cellars and approximately 60 new speciality stores, Fitness First, restaurants and cafes.
What I like about this development:
- Well-designed floorplans which maximises natural light of its north aspect
- Environmentally friendly concepts such as heat recovery systems, cross-flow ventilation, water harvesting and energy and water efficient appliances and fittings.
- Convenience living due to its shops, cafes and restaurants.
- Multitude of local outdoor activities and attractions such as Manly beach, Forty Baskets, Dobroyd and North Head.
- Commuting to the city via Spit road can be congested during peak traffic hours due to the infamous Spit bridge traffic.
The median house and apartment price of Balgowlah as at June 2009 is $1,050,000 and $510,000 respectively. The average annual growth and 5-year growth of apartments in Balgowlah is 6.7% and 11.0% respectively as at February 2009.
Source: RP Data