TRIO apartments are developed by Frasers Property Australia.
TRIO apartments are located on the intersection of Booth street and Pyrmont bridge road in Camperdown. It is 200m from the junction of busy Parramatta road and the apartments are built on the east side of Booth street.
What I like about this location:
· The 200m distance from Parramatta road is sufficient to eliminate traffic noise altogether whilst it has easy access to the CBD and Sydney University is within walking distance.
· Glebe’s bohemian and eclectic lifestyle, Glebe Point road’s cafe and restaurant strip is 1km away. It is also close to King street’s retail, cafe and restaurants, Leichhardt’s Italian restaurant strip on Norton street. Other local amenities and attractions include Rozelle Hospital on the northern side of the Western distributor, Royal Prince Alfred Hospital, Darling Harbour, Sydney Fish Markets, Broadway shopping centre, Haymarket and Chinatown is within minutes drive. Overall, it is quintessential Sydney inner west living.
· Ease of public transport to CBD via buses on Parramatta road.
· Some of Camperdown’s industrial and warehousing facilities are located directly opposite the development on the south and west side of Booth street ie Storage King’s warehousing facilities.
· Apartments with the western aspect may experience traffic noise from Booth street.
What I like about the apartments:
· Layout – generally fair size and layout with loggia living as a distinctive feature. The loggias have wooden floorboards to give a warmer feel to the outdoors and have been constructed as natural extensions of the internal living areas. Some 1 bedroom apartments contain a study nook and have dual access to bathroom and toilet. Living areas have reasonable size – between 57sqm – 65sqm and between 85sqm – 94sqm for 1 bedroom and 2 bedroom apartments respectively. 2 bedroom apartments all come with 2 bathrooms with master bedroom ensuite.
· Bathroom – stylish design with good use of wall mirrors to enhance the feeling of space. Finishings include mosaic wall tiles, wall-mounted vanity basin and toilet suite with concealed cistern. Glass shower screens are semi-frameless and shaving cabinets have mirrored doors and glass shelving.
· Kitchen – galley style for 1 bedroom apartments with Smeg appliances. Some apartments come with colourback glass and stone upstand to kitchen island bench. Low-voltage halogen down-lights on underside of wall cabinets.
· Separation walls of loggias have small slits, hence privacy and noise from neighbouring loggia may be an issue.
Apartment facing the east aspect which overlooks the lap pool and internal grounds are notably more exclusive due to its views towards the city skyline and more quiet surroundings. Apartments facing the west aspect will overlook some warehouse facilities and may experience noise from Booth street.
· 1 bedroom with parking from $435 – $460k
· 2 bedroom with 1 or 2 car spaces from $790k – $1.1 million
· 3 bedroom with 2 or 3 car spaces from $1.4 million
· 3 and 4 bedroom rooftop penthouses from $1.6 – $3.5 million
At these prices, I believe these apartments are better suited for owner-occupant over investment.